Crepey skin is skin that looks like crepe paper. You know, that stuff you buy to make streamers for a party. Crepey skin has fine lines and wrinkles that mimic the appearance and texture of crepe paper. While crepey skin is similar to fine lines and wrinkles, it usually develops under the eyes or on larger areas like the neck, upper arms, and inner thighs.
Fortunately, Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa is here with plenty of crepey skin treatments available to help rejuvenate the skin. Learn how to prevent and get rid of crepey skin for good.
Causes of Crepey Skin
Sun damage is the most common culprit, but it’s not the only cause of crepey skin. You may start to see that your skin looks and feels noticeably more fragile and thin from aging, a lack of moisture, excessive weight loss, hormonal changes, tobacco use, or any combination of all the above.
Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause crepey skin because UV rays damage skin cells, making it harder to retain moisture, leading to more wrinkles. But more importantly, the sun’s UV rays break down collagen and elastin in the skin. These fibers are what help the skin stay tight and wrinkle-free. Once the collagen and elastin break down, the skin can loosen, thin, and wrinkle. Fair-skinned people are also more susceptible to sun damage.
Natural Ways to Fix & Prevent Crepey Skin
Crepey skin treatment can range from making minor lifestyle changes to investing in more advanced skin treatments.
If you’re looking for a natural cure for crepey skin, try the following home remedies to get rid of crepey skin.
- Massage the affected areas
- Do physical exercises
- Exfoliate with nourishing body scrubs
- Eat high antioxidant foods
- Apply over-the-counter moisturizers
You can also prevent crepey skin by limiting your exposure to the sun, always wearing 30+ SPF whenever you go outside, and keeping your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
Med Spa Treatments You Can Try
If you’re seeking a stronger crepey skin treatment, consider one of the following remedies to tighten, smooth, and treat the skin.
- Microneedling RF: RF Skin Tightening is a clinical treatment that helps firm and tighten the skin and reverse early signs of reduced skin laxity. RF is ideal for the face, around the eyes, jowls, neck, chest, and arms.
- Chemical Peels: You can also tighten the skin and improve the appearance of crepey skin using a chemical peel. The solution removes the outer layer of old skin, leaving you with smoother, plumper, and younger-looking skin.
- Fillers: Biostimulator injections help restore lost volume. Filling agents like Radiesse or Sculptra can also improve crepey skin’s overall appearance, texture, and thickness. Fillers can be injected into the skin to help stimulate collagen growth and delay aging signs.
Get rid of crepey skin for good. Book a free consultation today at Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa to learn more about our various skin treatments to find one that works best for you. Give us a call at (480) 912-5325.